Foreman (Mechanic Shop Supervisor)
The Shop Foreman (Mechanic Shop Supervisor) supervises the daily activities of vehicle repair and maintenance operation to ensure proper performance and safety of all district vehicles.
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. is a leading bus transportation company serving the education, government, public sector, commercial, and private fleet markets. We are an organization of dedicated employee-owners driven by our purpose to deliver safe and reliable transportation solutions. Guided by our core values, we care about our employees as much as we do about our customers. If you’re ready to step into a business culture where you matter, we want to hear from you.
- Directly supervises Technicians, Utility workers, Mechanics, and Drivers
- Assign priorities (schedule) of vehicles to be repaired, review and dispatch RO’s
- Arrange and track contract repairs (sublet)
- Assists with Company asset vehicle maintenance and preventive care.
- Order equipment/supplies, coordinate delivery, operate tools, equipment, and machinery
- Assist in training new drivers.
Expected Hours of Work
Monday through Friday and hours may vary from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Some weekends may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ strong technical experience in vehicle repair and maintenance procedures
- Experience supervising 15+ full-time technicians
- Cummins Diesel and Natural Gas Knowledge
- Must have a valid Class B driver’s license
- Bilingual is preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision and more!