3418 52nd Ave, Sacramento, CA
Diesel/ Cummins Technician- Heavy Truck/Bus Level I,II,III
A-Z Bus Sales Inc.
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. is a leading bus transportation, and fire apparatus company serving the education, government, public sector, commercial and private fleet markets, and fire departments. The company is known for providing quality customer service, extraordinary customer experiences, and building long-lasting customer relationships. A-Z Bus Sales offers the industry’s top brands of transportation equipment and parts, and strives to differentiate itself by the professionalism and core values that team members demonstrate in conducting business. Founded in 1976, the employee-owned company has multiple Parts, sales and service locations serving California, Arizona, Nevada, and Hawaii.
- Customer Service Excellence – We are willing to go the extra mile for our customers and to strive to deliver Wow experiences by exceeding their expectations on a daily basis.
- Passion for our Work – We are engaged in what we do and we tenaciously pursue results. We endeavor to get the job done right the first time for our customers, whether they are external or internal customers.
- Build Open and Honest Relationships/Partnerships with Communication – We develop long term relationships that become partnerships to help better understand the needs, wants, and expectations of our customers.
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun – We promote smiles and encourage a fun working environment. We take time to celebrate success and have a good time serving our customers.
- Respect for the Individual – We genuinely care about those around us and treat all with equal respect.
- Ownership – As Employee Owners, we think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. We are team players acting on behalf of the entire company. We always say “how can I help?”.
- We Serve God by Serving Others – We desire by God’s grace to be a company that honors Him by living our core values….and by the way we serve and build relationships with customers, supplier partners, our community, and company stakeholders
The Level III Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. Perform high quality service work in the most time efficient way as to ensure high customer satisfaction and high gross margins within the context of A-Z Bus Sales value and mission. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information; ASE Certification; general mechanical skills; must possess own set of tools, valid driver’s license (CDL preferred) and a good driving record, manual dexterity; good judgment needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform assigned work with excellence and high quality in as time efficient manner as possible.
- Receive work orders and perform assigned tasks as required.
- Heavy Truck/ Diesel experience a MUST
- Inventory and maintain required personal service tools in safe condition to perform jobs assigned.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain necessary parts to complete work.
- Inspect vehicle thoroughly to ascertain whether additional and/or safety items require attention; report any problems to Foreman.
- Keep track of time spent on each job and use time clock to record times in various segments of the work order.
- Write clear and concise descriptions of repairs performed on various segments of work order.
- Keep track of all types of work done and parts used.
- Advise Service Foreman/Service Manager of any delays or problems.
- Keep work area clean and tools and supplies secure.
- Follow all required Safety Procedures.
- Keep safety in mind at all times.
- Participate in continuing education & training.
- Partake in semi-annual ASE testing to achieve/maintain ASE certification.
- Advise Service Manager/Service Foreman of any additional work that is needed or if specific work as out-lined is not necessary.
- Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Educational and/or Experience:
Two to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw the interpret bar graph.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
Air Conditioning Certification for School Bus
Body Systems and Special Equipment Certification for School Bus
Brakes Certification for School Bus
Diesel Engines Certification for School Bus
Drive Train Certification for School Bus
Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for School Bus
Suspension and Steering Certification for School Bus
Class A or B License (Class B Preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to we and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. has an excellent compensation program for Technicians Level I, II, III that includes a competitive salary, bonus, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, and a generous 401K and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).