3418 52nd Avenue, Sacramento, CA
A-Z Bus Sales Inc.
3418 52nd Avenue,
Sacramento, Ca 95823
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. is a leading bus transportation, and fire apparatus company serving the education, government, public sector, commercial and private fleet markets, and fire departments. The company is known for providing quality customer service, extraordinary customer experiences, and building long-lasting customer relationships. A-Z Bus Sales offers the industry’s top brands of transportation equipment and parts, and strives to differentiate itself by the professionalism and core values that team members demonstrate in conducting business. Founded in 1976, the employee-owned company has multiple Parts, sales and service locations serving California, Arizona, Nevada, and Hawaii.
- Customer Service Excellence – We are willing to go the extra mile for our customers and to strive to deliver Wow experiences by exceeding their expectations on a daily basis.
- Passion for our Work – We are engaged in what we do and we tenaciously pursue results. We endeavor to get the job done right the first time for our customers, whether they are external or internal customers.
- Build Open and Honest Relationships/Partnerships with Communication – We develop long term relationships that become partnerships to help better understand the needs, wants, and expectations of our customers.
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun – We promote smiles and encourage a fun working environment. We take time to celebrate success and have a good time serving our customers.
- Respect for the Individual – We genuinely care about those around us and treat all with equal respect.
- Ownership – As Employee Owners, we think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. We are team players acting on behalf of the entire company. We always say “how can I help?”
- We Serve God by Serving Others – We desire by God’s grace to be a company that honors Him by living our core values….and by the way we serve and build relationships with customers, supplier partners, our community, and company stakeholders
The service advisor is responsible for scheduling service work into the service department: opening and closing work orders; maintaining customer equipment information; maintains service library. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and enhance A-Z Bus Sales ability to maximize net profit. Must have good verbal and written skills, multi-task oriented, and work in a fast pace environment.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts to all customers.
- Email estimate to client; receive signed estimate with purchase order from client to proceed with work.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service
- Writes up customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes “promised time.” Checks with shop Foreman, if necessary.
- Test drive the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refer to test technician.
- Advise customers on the care of their Buses and the value of maintaining their Buses in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Notifies shop dispatch of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contact customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Provides timely information and participates in daily shop meetings.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriated gives customer and or representative the invoice at time of pick up.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Make sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Implements a quality control process data sheet to eliminate repeat visits per same customer.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, informs customer if work is needed, and provides and estimate for body work from the Body Shop.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and/or Experience
One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. has an excellent compensation program for a Service Advisor that includes a competitive salary, bonus, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, and a generous 401K and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).