Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
A-Z Bus Sales Inc.
Commercial & Transit Department
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. is a leading bus transportation, and fire apparatus company serving the education, government, public sector, commercial and private fleet markets, and fire departments. The company is known for providing quality customer service, extraordinary customer experiences, and building long-lasting customer relationships. A-Z Bus Sales offers the industry’s top brands of transportation equipment and parts, and strives to differentiate itself by the professionalism and core values that team members demonstrate in conducting business. Founded in 1976, the employee-owned company has multiple Parts, sales and service locations serving California, Arizona, Nevada, and Hawaii.
- Customer Service Excellence – We are willing to go the extra mile for our customers and to strive to deliver Wow experiences by exceeding their expectations on a daily basis.
- Passion for our Work – We are engaged in what we do and we tenaciously pursue results. We endeavor to get the job done right the first time for our customers, whether they are external or internal customers.
- Build Open and Honest Relationships/Partnerships with Communication – We develop long term relationships that become partnerships to help better understand the needs, wants, and expectations of our customers.
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun – We promote smiles and encourage a fun working environment. We take time to celebrate success and have a good time serving our customers.
- Respect for the Individual – We genuinely care about those around us and treat all with equal respect.
- Ownership – As Employee Owners, we think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. We are team players acting on behalf of the entire company. We always say “how can I help?”.
- We Serve God by Serving Others – We desire by God’s grace to be a company that honors Him by living our core values….and by the way we serve and build relationships with customers, supplier partners, our community, and company stakeholders
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily activities include such tasks as washing inside and out; steam cleaning frames, engines and other various related bus parts.
- Detailing the interior and exterior of the bus
- Cleaning and maintaining the interior facilities of the building to include emptying trash containers, vacuuming floors, sweeping the shop, etc.
- Keep buses washed and cleaned as directed by supervisor
- Painting and minor repair work as directed by supervisor on assigned buses
- Keep lot neatly arranged according to the plan of the C&T Manager
- Assist in keeping inventory lot or reconditioning areas as needed
- Other responsibilities as needed to accomplish lower lot needs
- Place bus units into inventory lot or reconditioning areas as needed
- Advise Pre-Owned Bus Manager of any needed mechanical and/or work for units
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, climbing, balancing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock
6. ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
7. Vacation/Sick pay