Technician (Heavy Duty Bus Mechanic)
Technician Level A
The Technician (Heavy Duty Bus Mechanic) is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. The Technician must perform high quality service work in the most time efficient way to ensure high customer satisfaction and high gross margins.
A-Z Bus Sales, Inc. is a leading bus transportation company serving the education, government, public sector, commercial, and private fleet markets. We are an organization of dedicated employee-owners driven by our purpose to deliver safe and reliable transportation solutions. Guided by our core values, we care about our employees as much as we do about our customers. If you’re ready to step into a business culture where you matter, we want to hear from you.
- Perform assigned work with excellence and high quality as efficiently as possible
- Inspect vehicle thoroughly to ascertain whether additional and/or safety items require attention; report any problems
- Write clear and concise descriptions of repairs performed on various segments of work order
- Advise Service Foreman/Service Advisor of any delays or problems
- Comply with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Comply with safety rules and use of appropriate safety equipment
Expected Hours of Work
Monday through Friday and hours may vary from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- 3 years of hands-on truck or bus experience, heavy-duty
- Engine Diagnose Certificate for Cummins Engines
- Employer Paid 609 Certification
- Employer Paid ASE School Bus Certification — MUST be certified in 6 categories for ASE
Medical, Dental, Vision and more!